Skip to main content

TRANSITION

That tingling sensation,
The uncanny intuition,
Those unbelievable thoughts forthcoming,
Creeping me up with goose-bumps,
Started to doubt my own beliefs.
It kills me from within,
Makes me feel vacant.
After endless transitions,
I thought at last; This is home for few years.
I could have genuine friends,
Not just virtual connections.
A neighborhood that I would remember.
But how foolish,
Hiding the truth behind elation.
I was just too adrift,
Unaware of the phony faces,
And innocent to pretense.
I don’t know where I belong.
The lonely nights a habit,
What bothered me was the light.
At what point do I stop,
Do I say “It’s too much”.
When do I get a breather?
I used to be my own armor,
But not now,
I left myself open, vulnerable,
Making a mistake.
The warmer nature was what I expected,
But all I got was the heartless, cold wind.
In a room full of my things,
The horror of emptiness consumed me.
Now the past haunts me again,
I don’t know who to trust now.
Guess better times are yet to be,
But patience isn’t infinite for me.
All my choices,
Where did I go wrong?
Did I prioritize in the wrong order?
Maybe only I am to blame,
But regret is not my game.

This life is mine, 
I lead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A CONVERSATION

Sitting on the window seat of an aircraft, She said my poems are nice. This coming from her, I felt ecstatic. It had been a while since we talked, Thought this was a good ice-breaker. A conversation began. It all took me almost a year back, When we used to share our daily routines, Which is why now we don’t talk often. There was no suspense anymore, No will to know more. It had become boring. But not that day, Although she seemed to be sleepy, My eyes too were red, Reasons plenty to list down, But we still carried on, ‘Cause it was a nice feeling. 2 hours went by and she slept off at last. Looking at her, So peaceful and sweet, Even after all that had happened last night, Gave me courage. Recalled, when she was all I wanted, Only to realize, I always had her but, Stretching it way too far. The distance made me stronger, Helped me overcome. Now being happy for what we have, It could have gone worse, ruining what we cherishe

LIVING MANY LIVES IN ONE

There comes a time of isolation, When that is the only lead to satisfaction. The peace addictive, Yet the silence sometimes painful. An endeavor for contemplation seems inevitable, You look for a savior, Maybe in a friend, Or happiness in an object, Nothing really captivates you. A doubt starts to build, Languidly strangles you, Chokes you. Having a foot in each boat, Never reaching a destination however close. You reach out for guidance, Distraction from the self- distrust. And this is how you apprehend life. The proof lies in interpreting the lives around you, Those lives engraved in the pages, The paperbacks that calm your anxiety. It is that which contributes to contentment, The books, the experiences, Living many lives within one.

OUR GENERATION VS RELATIONSHIPS

This generation doesn’t want relationships, We want late lazy mornings with a cup of coffee, An Instagram post with friends, An excuse to use the #relationshipgoals. We invest more time on tinder profiles than knowing people, All ‘cause we don’t want a relationship. We talk, we chat, we snapchat, we sext, But a real relationship doesn’t seem to happen. We stay awake till 4 am texting that one person, Still we’re not sure about a relationship. We like the idea of love, Just don’t want to “fall”. We go grab a coffee or a beer, Anything to avoid a movie plus lunch date. We want the illusion of a relationship, Netflix and chill, friends with benefits is the new thing. The façade of a relationship is appealing, No one is interested in the work involved in a relationship. We don’t want to commit, Our lives are about having fun and chilling. We are so involved in our social agendas of updating our FB status, The amazing person next to us goes unno